Garmin has been quite busy during this year’s CES in Las Vegas, unveiling 4 new wearables for consumers to ogle. However of the 4 that were unveiled it is the Garmin Vivoactive that has everyone talking. It is being touted as an every-day, every-man fitness tracking smartwatch packed with innovative features users will love. From it’s sleek style to it’s GPS capabilities it is truly heads and shoulders above it’s competitors. It is geared towards fitness/sports enthusiasts, but it is so versatile and easy to use that it will fit any lifestyle. As you will see form our in-depth GARMIN VIVOACTIVE Review this wearable has something to offer everyone.
Table of Contents
Up Close & Personal With The Vivoactive.
- The Vivoactve may look like your basic smart watch or average tracker, but it is anything but basic. It is built for durability and productivity, making it the ideal specimen for what a wearable should be:
- Lightweight design: It is extremely light at just 1.34 ounces and has a slim band and face so it feels comfortable and natural on your arm.
- LCD Touchscreen: With a display resolution of 205 x 148 pixels the Vivoactive offers picture perfect viewing, even when your out in direct sunlight, ao you can view your information and notifications any time of the day.
- Long-lasting Battery: It comes with a rechargeable lithium battery that can last up to 2 weeks when you are using it in smart watch/tracker mode and up to 10 days when it is GPS enabled.
- Interchangeable Bands: The Vivoactive comes in Black or White, but you can change the bands, which are durable and will not wear or tear after extended use.
The Vivoactive’s Key Features
- The Vivoactive may not be the prettiest wearable on the market, but it’s high-tech capabilities and durability make up for it’s traditional smartwatch look. What are the key features of the Garmin Vivoactive do? Let’s take a look:
- GPS tracking: This is one of the few trackers/smartwatches with built-in GPS to track activities, including running, swimming, golfing and more. The GPS feature also gives you access to thousands of golf maps, sports sites and other fitness related arenas. Even better, it reports stats in real-time anywhere you are.
- Activity Tracking: Like other fitness trackers it monitors steps taken, sleep activity, calories burned and daily goals. It also comes with a “Move Bar” that alerts you when you have been inactive for a period of time that you set (for example 30 minutes).
- Water-Proof Design: The Vivoactive is waterproof up to 5 ATM. so you can swim, shower or do just about anything in water without worrying about it getting ruined.
- Connect Anywhere, With Anyone: Thanks to a high-resolution screen and Bluetooth technology you can stay in-touch no matter what you’re doing. You can see notifications for calls, texts, social media and more in greater detail.
- Text messages show who is texting along with the actual message while emails notifications display the recipient and subject.
- Sports Apps Built-In: This device comes with built-in sports app that can track your activity levels for swimming, biking, running or golf. There are also cool additions, like swimming venue information and a full analysis of activities and movements.
- Smartwatch Capabilities: In addition to text/email notifications you can also find your phone if you misplace it, navigate and manage your music and keep friends and family informed in real-time about where you are and what you’re doing with the Live Track feature.
Pros & Cons
There are good and bad features with any device, so lets see how the Vivoactive stacks up:
- Thanks to the GPS enhanced tracking you can monitor your fitness levels and activities around the clock, even when you’re far from home. It literally tracks every motion and move you perform, from shopping to hiking, so you get an extremely accurate portrait of how much or little you move. It also shows you precise numbers like calories burned, so you know if or where you need to improve your routine.
- It’s sleek and thin style makes it practically unnoticeable when you wear it, which is a big plus for a device you should wear around the clock. It fit so comfortably that you don’y even realize it’s on: it’s not bulky and won’t weigh you down, so it’s not a chore to have to keep it on.
- From amateurs to serious fitness buffs everyone can benefit fro the in-depth, multi-sport analysis and tracking. Whether you swim, bike or run the Vivoactive monitors every nuance, from how long you bike ti the strokes you use when you swim.
- Exclusive Featureswithin $250 Price Range
It’s not as fashionable as some of the other wearables on the market. It only comes in 2 colors and it is more sporty and basic looking, so it can look a little out of place if you’re getting dressed u for a night out. However, the 2 colors it comes in: black and white, match just about anything you wear and unless your going to a five-star restaurant you don’t need to worry abut it being to casual looking.
The Vivoactive Versus The VivoSmart
When it comes to comparing the Vivoactive with the VivoSmart there is no comparison. While the VivoSmart is an attractive tracker that performs basic smartwatch activities it does not come close to performing as well as the Vivoactive. The biggest difference is that the VivoSmart is a much more basic model. It does not display notification clearly and does not automatically monitor and track sleep. Also, the touchscreen is rudimentary and limited in what it can show or do. Both are sold choices, but the VivoSmart is the more well-rounded package.
What Makes the Garmin Vivoactive So Special?
Who Should Buy The Garmin Vivoactive?
Anyone who wants a quality wearable device that can keep them in touch and on track to stay fit. The Vivoactive cam simplify and enhance your life by improving your overall health and keeping you current and connected.
The Garmin Vivoactive is a great new wearable anyone can use and everyone will love. Users are raving about how sleek and versatile it is and all at an affordable price. This device suits anyone who wants to get healthy and feel better about themselves. It is a high-tech, bit easy to use wearable that will have everyone excited about their health.