It is important to set goals in life and measure your progress towards achieving them. Fitness trackers are a very valuable tool because of their ability to calculate and graphically display your daily activity. At the end of this Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker Review, you will appreciate the Zip as your best fitness partner in your pursuit of a healthier life.
What is a fitness tracker?
This simple a mini-computer that uses an accelerometer (sensor) to collect different body activity data such as steps and other movements. After gathering the data, it translates using algorithms into more helpful statistics such as distance covered, stairs climbed and active minutes. Some models have a feature that allows you to log in meal cycles and can measure the number of calories burnt in a day. It is the stats that will help you gauge your effort and whether you should work harder.
The importance of a fitness tracker?
A fitness tracker not only measures body activity, it is a great motivation to improved physical exercise. While the device will not force you to walk through an extra flight of stairs or more minutes of daily aerobics, the activity stats motivate you towards designing better healthier habits and exercise schedule. In fact, studies indicate that using a pedometer motivates people towards increased physical exercise, weight loss and consequently the desired blood pressure levels.
How does it work?
You can make your fitness become just like fun with the Fitbit Zip tracker and turn your life good fitness goal into an achievable path. All you do is to clip it onto your clothing or belt and you are set to go. It wirelessly tracks your steps, running distance run and calories burned and synchronizes the info into a profile. You can view these details on a computer or Bluetooth-enabled device. Drop it your pocket, or clip it on the belt or bra.
It is discreet, soft and comfortable. You can connect with friends on Fitbit.com to evaluate stats, compare progress, lay down challenges and applaud each other.
Fitbit Zip Key Features and Benefits
• Digital 3-axis accelerometer/pedometer for accurate tracking of your steps, distance covered and calories burned daily, weekly and cumulatively
• Syncs automatically to your computer or select Bluetooth 4.0 Smartphones or tablets
• Fitbit Online tool allows you to share as well as complete with friends throughout the day
• Comes with free iphone and android applications
• It is best used at Cross-Training
• 0.3 ounce weight and 1.4 x 1.1 x 0.4 inches in dimensions
• Color – Comes in four fun colours with matching clips – black/pink, light green and blue
• Convenient and discreet – clip it onto your pocket, belt or bra.
• Is waterproof and is built to withstand body sweat.
• Replaceable battery with a “Low Battery” indicator on the LCD screen. This alerts you on when you need to replace the battery.
Where to shop: Please visit Amazon.com and enjoy amazing Fitbit discounts plus gift-wraps on these activity-tracking devices.
Pros and Cons of the Fitbit Zip Tracker
• Offer better motivation as you earn badges and challenge your friends.
• Automatic wireless syncing with both your PC, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 enabled devices
• Easy goal setting and progress monitoring on the customizable dashboard
• Comes with Free iPhone and Android apps
• Sweat proof, rain resistant and splash resistant
• Very easy to use and great on-line tracking.
• Discreet, has a super strong clip and is small in size
• Great Discount Available
• Periodic issues have been reported in synchronizing data.
• Does not track sleep (it needs to get a flex to do this)
• App sync only available to a dozen devices even though there is computer sync with USB dongle.
• The battery is not rechargeable, thus extra cost to replace
• Lacklustre display and there is no altimeter (stair climbing monitoring) information.
• It has a flimsy rubber case.
Compare Fitbit Zip with One
Comparing with the Fitbit One Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker, this Fitbit Zip is the lower priced activity tracker of the bunch. Both Fitbit One and Zip track steps, distance covered, calories burnt, sync perfectly well with Macs and PCs using Bluetooth smart/4.0 devices and are sweat, rain plus splash proof.
However, Fitbit one is able to track floors climbed, sleep hours, times woken, sleep efficiency and has a silent wrist vibration wakeup alarm; features lacking in Fitbit Zip. It is good to compare the Zip with another similar device for better buying decision making. In addition, Fitbit one uses a rechargeable battery while Fitbit Zip uses a replaceable watch battery.
1. What Can You Track with the Device?
Steps taken, distance covered, number and flight of stairs taken and the calories burnt in the process.
2. My tracker is not responding, how do I reset it?
Restart it by remove the battery, give it in 10 seconds before placing it back and your Zip will be reset.
3. How do I re-install the battery?
Unlock the battery door using the battery door tool and turn it counter-clockwise. Remove the battery and the door tool. The reinsert the battery with the positive (+) end facing up, and replace the battery door. Insert the battery tool and turn clockwise to lock the battery door. The door should be flush with the rear of the tracker.
In conclusion, from this Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker Review, it is obvious that the Zip is really one very impressive gadget. This is because of not only the wide range of functionalities, ease of use and accuracy; it is also the most affordable device from Fitbit, going for about $50. Go for it now and achieve your goal of a healthy living.