Image shared via YouTube.
It’s no secret that we need to be exercising, but sometimes “heading out to the gym” for a workout just isn’t an option. Between crazy work schedules, children and social commitments, sometimes we just need workout that we can do at home – Home Workout for Women, without a bunch of fancy equipment that costs a fortune.
Athlean XX understands this, and they have created a Cardio workout that can be done at home, with no special equipment. It’s a quick workout designed to get your heart racing and your body moving, and it can be done while the baby is napping, before the kids get home from school, or in between calls for work. No matter what situation you are in, this quick workout is designed for you.
Table of Contents
Breaking It Down
The first thing you need to do is set aside 10 minutes, and find a space to do your workout. It doesn’t have to be a huge space–remember, you aren’t using any bulky equipment. Throw on a pair of sweats and a t-shirt, and you’ve got all the equipment you need.
High Knees (60 seconds)
High knees is a great cardio exercise that works your glutes, hamstrings, abs and quadriceps. It is designed to improve flexibility in your lower extremities and give you more power in your lower body. For best results:
- Stand with feet slightly apart and arms at your sides
- Jump from one foot to the other in an even, rocking motion, with arms following the motion
- Touch the ground with the balls of your feet, and keep your motion light and even
Mountain Climber (30 seconds)
Mountain climber works your abs and legs, as well as getting your heart pumping. As you improve your technique, you will find that your lower extremities loosen up, improving your joint mobility.
- Begin in a push-up position, with your hands flat on the floor. If you are new to exercising, or find this exercise particularly challenging or painful, start by placing your hands on an elevated surface.
- Bend one knee and draw it toward your chest, planting the ball of your foot on the floor directly under your hip.
- Extend the bent leg back while drawing the other leg forward. Begin by alternating slowly, then increase your speed, keeping your movements steady.
- To boost the strength benefits of this exercise, keep your hips aligned and close to the floor.
Burpees (30 seconds)
Burpees are the exercise that everyone loves to hate. Regardless, they are an effective way to work your entire body and get your heart pumping. They work just about every muscle in your body and burn more calories in less time when done properly.
- * Begin in a standing position, then lower to a squat with your hands flat on the floor in front of you.
- * Kick your feet back into a push-up position and lower your chest to the floor.
- * Return quickly to the squat position, then jump up into the air as quickly as possible.
- * The faster you do them, the more calories you will burn.
Squat hops (60 seconds)
Squat hops, or “jump squats” are the best exercise there is for toning your backside. Scientifically speaking, your “glutes”. They also strengthen your legs and get your heart racing.
- Lower yourself to a squat position.
- Jump up quickly, pushing your weight through your legs.
- Swing your arms up over your head as you jump.
- Return quickly to a squat position and repeat.
For a complete cardio workout, repeat these exercises five times each. Your workout will be approximately 10 minutes, or slightly longer if you need to rest between sets. Remember, you don’t need a gym membership, fancy workout equipment or clothes, or hours to set aside for your workout. You just need space to perform your exercises, comfortable workout clothes and a good attitude. And don’t forget to put your favorite workout music on to inspire you, and keep your water bottle handy!
For more quick, convenient home workouts that get you moving without costing a fortune or taking precious time from your workday. You can find effective tips on exercise here, as well as encouraging posts from trainers and fellow workout partners to inspire you and cheer you on as you pursue your fitness goals.