Do you want to workout more but don’t know what exercises to do? Are you unsure of how hard or how long to workout? Have health issues and don’t know how to workout safely? No matter what the issue, there is a simple answer to all these problems: fitness devices. From trackers to heart rate monitors, there is a fitness device for everyone.
They can take your workout to the next level, safely and effectively, you just need to find the one that’s right for you. That’s what this site is all about. We’re here to educate and inspire you with our Introduction to Health Fitness Gadgets. We’ll go over the different types of gadgets and explain how they work and why you need them- all in the name of getting you on the road to a better you.
Table of Contents
The Road to A Healthier Lifestyle Checklist
Becoming healthier, whether it’s for personal or medical reasons, requires commitment and focus. A good device can help you with all that and also monitor how your body responds to your workouts. Before we get in to what the various devices are, let’s run down what you need to do and know before starting any routine. This checklist will help you determine what you need and want:
• Consult a Physician: Before starting any type of exercise routine you need to speak with your doctor. Your doctor can determine what activities are safe for you if you have any medical conditions, like diabetes, muscle aches or heart conditions.
Your doctor can also tell you if you need to keep an eye on your blood pressure, body temperature or anything else while working out, which will factor into the devices you use.
• Know Your Exercise Profile: Do you need someone pushing you to stay on track or can you motivate yourself? Like having a workout partner or do you prefer long, solitary runs? Your workout style will determine the gadget you choose. For instance, if you need to work out, but don’t enjoy it then a tracker with silent alerts and coaching tips would be a good idea.
• Set Goals: It’s important to think about what you want from your exercise regime. Are you trying to lose weight, getting older and need to strengthen your muscles or do you just want to be healthier. What you hope to gain plays a vital role in the tools you need.
Fitness Gadgets at a GlanceNow that you have your checklist, lets take a look at some of the fitness devices available and what they can do:
Fitness & Activity Trackers: Of all the fitness devices on the market, trackers are the most versatile and widely used. A tracker is a wearable device that “tracks” or monitors various body functions. All trackers monitor calories burned, steps taken and distance traveled, making them a good fit for anyone looking to lose weight. Most also can sync to your phones or PC, allowing you to analyze data and even give you exercise suggestions.
There are several fitness tracker models that can do a lot more, like monitor heart-rate, sleep cycles and even monitor location through GPS. This allows for a wider range of workout activities and also is useful for those with medical concerns. Let’s look at the benefits of a tracker:
• Convenient: trackers can be worn around the clock, so you can put it on and forget about it. It also means you can see your progress all day, every day- a great motivator.
• Easy to Use: these devices are simple to use and need minimal input from you. No logging in all the time or typing in information. Just set your goals and get moving on the best Fitbits. This makes them great for young and old people alike.
• Improve Quality of Exercise: from built-in coaching apps to idle alerts that tell you if you’ve been sitting too long, trackers can motivate and shape you exercise regimen for the better.
Heart-Rate Monitors: Your Heart Best Friend
For those who aren’t counting calories, want to maximize their routine or are exercising for medical reasons, a simple heart monitor is a great idea. Heart monitors are simple to use and are usually worn on a strap that goes around your chest under your clothes. These monitors give you stats in real time, so you can see your heart-rate as you exercise.
Heart-rate monitors can help you by:
• Tracking your beats per second and alerting you of any irregularities.
• Syncing to your devices to analyze your heart health.
• Analyzing how hard your heart is working and suggest exercises accordingly.
• seeing your heart-rate can help you speed up or slowdown in real time, for maximum results.
Blood Pressure Monitors – Say Goodbye to High Blood Pressure
If you want to work out but are worried about your health, you could invest in a blood pressure monitor. These devices can be worn on your wrist and offer you a safe way to work out by telling you not only your blood pressure, but how it compares to national guidelines.
Among the benefits of using a blood pressure monitor are:
• They discreetly and quietly take your blood pressure, so if you take an aerobics class no one will know.
• Automatically inflates for continuous monitoring.
• Can also alert you to irregular heartbeats, so you can work out without fear.
Pairing Your Fitness Gadgets with Your Exercise Style
Now that you are familiar with these devices, all you need to do is choose from the various workouts for women that are available. From strength training to cardio exercise, there are endless possibilities when deciding on a routine. Keep in mind that the type of exercise you do will determine the fitness gadget. For example, if you have high blood pressure a pressure monitor is better than a tracker, especially during cardio.
Also bear in mind that you can switch devices and don’t have to stick with any set routine. For instance, if you use a fitness tracker, it can suggest cycling, swimming or cardio exercises, and switch them up each day. The point is these devices are meant to enhance, not hinder your experience, so use them the right way and I guarantee you will become stronger, healthier and happier.