From day one, Fitbit’s goal has been simple: create great devices that will motivate and inspire you to live a more active lifestyle. And their newest device, the Charge 2, does all that and more. Better and bolder than past trackers, it will engage your body and mind to help create a better, bolder you.
Unlike other devices, this tracker has features to tach you everything, from aerobic exercises to deep-breathing techniques, giving you a complete fitness experience that will improve your overall health. My Fitbit Charge 2 review will provide you with an up-close look at Fitbit’s latest offering, so you can see for yourself what makes it so special.
Table of Contents
Of all the trackers Fitbit has to offer, this one is the first to truly work on you inside and out, making you aware of your health mentally and physically. Fitbit understands that to be strong and perform well on a daily basis, you need to work your body and mind- and that’s what the Charge 2 does.
It takes all the great qualities of the original Charge, like PurePulse heart rate tracking, and improves them for a smoother experience. It also gives you new features and apps, like Relax Mode and Interval Mode, to expand your fitness routine.
And if that wasn’t enough, they even elevated the look, giving you multiple band options so you can wear it at work or for a run. That’s why the Charge 2 makes a great tracker for beginners or advanced athletes. It can guide you through your day, helping you move more, eat better and de-stress, so you can handle anything life throws at you.
The Benefits of Owning a Fitbit Charge 2
To understand why a Fitbit Charge 2 is right for you, you need to look at all the new features it has and how they can benefit you. There are so many new features, it’s important to read each section to get a clear picture of just how much this tracker can do.
In addition to all-day tracking and Smart notifications, here is a breakdown of what the Charge 2 has to offer:
- Improved PurePulse: PurePulse is better than ever, thanks to new sensors for enhanced monitoring of all your movements. It can detect and record heart rates continually, so you know at any given moment just how healthy you are.
- Modern Design: The Charge 2 has a similar band to the original, but it comes in newer, trendier colors, like teal and plum. You can also opt for leather or stainless steel, so professionals can go from work to the gym without blinking. It makes it versatile for any setting, so you never have to leave home without it.
In addition, the Charge 2 sports a tap screen and is larger than the previous model, giving it a modern, trendy look. The tap screen lets you pull up stats or see notifications quick, which is great for those on the go and the large screen is a bonus for those who may have eye strain issues.
Plus, the clock faces can be customized, a nice touch for young adults who want a device that feels more fun and fresh.
>> Check the Price on Amazon <<
- Regulate Your Breathing: The introduction of Relax mode is by far one of the Charge 2’s best offerings. Working in tandem with the new and improved PurePulse, this mode uses visual aids and vibrations to teach you how to level your breathing and time it to sync with your heart beats.
There are 2 and 5-minute breathing sessions, where you can “see” your heart beat and are instructed on how to breathe in tune with it. This is good not only for helping you improve stamina when you exercise, but also for lowering blood pressure and regulating stress.
Makes the Charge 2 especially good for those with heart problems and those who work in high-stress fields.
- Multi-sport Mode and Smart Track: With multi-sport mode you can monitor activities individually, for more precise statistics. Whether it’s yoga, running, biking or basketball, the Charge 2 recognizes the activity and records your heart rate and cardio output, for more reliable post-workout stats.
- Interval mode: For those looking to lose weight, or maximize their routine, interval mode is a welcome addition. It sets up exercise intervals, alternating high and low-intensity moves, which maximizes the energy you use and how many calories you burn.
It is great for speeding up your metabolism and streamlining your routine, so you accomplish more in less time.
Click Here to Download:
- Snap Shot Cardio: Improved PurePulse has also led to the addition of snap shot cardio. This feature provides you with an instant “picture” of your cardio and fitness levels. Your score is calculated using your user profile, heart rate and exercise data to determine your VO2 Max level.This score can show you peak levels, so you know when you’re working at your optimal level. This is ideal for helping to lose weight or make your current routine more challenging.
- Fit Star: The built-in exercise app that instructs you on how to perform exercises, from jumping jacks to bicep curls, is better than ever. It is great for beginners, or those who want to change up and vary their current routine.
- Better Sleep Tracking: New sensors make for simplified, but enhanced day and sleep tracking. It will effortlessly track your movements 24/7, keeping the focus on getting healthy- as it should be.
Pros and Cons of the Fitbit Charge 2
To help you weigh your options and determine if the Charge 2 is the right “fit” for you, we need to examine the pros and cons of this device.
Pros – All in One
On the plus side, the Charge 2 rejuvenates and improves your body, mind and soul. It is so much more than a tracker, helping you to alleviate stress, combat medical issues and maintain or lose weight.
The number of built-in apps and features are significantly higher than what you’ll find on other devices, and none will give you such a comprehensive and well-rounded experience. From heart monitoring to interval training and multi-sport tracking, this device truly does it all. And all for under $150. It’s a nice upgrade comparing to Fitbit Charge HR.
There are two negatives when it comes to the Charge 2: no GPS built-in and it’s not waterproof. GPS is only available when you connect to your smartphone, which means you need to carry your smartphone with you. That is a bit annoying, but you can still access GPS.
The other downside is it is not waterproof, so swimmers can’t use it and you can’t wear it in the shower. Again, that can be a bit of a hassle, because you will need to take the device on and off, but that is a small price to pay for such a quality device.
Charge 2 Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the things consumers have been asking about the Charge 2:
Q. Are the deep-breathing exercises difficult to do?
A. No, the Charge 2 give you easy to follows steps to master this beneficial technique. Using vibration and pictures, it shows you how your heart is beating and signals you when to inhale and exhale.
Q. Can you see the screen clearly?
A. Yes, the OLED screen is super-sharp, so you can read your stats on any light. The extra-large screen also makes it easier to read than other device faces. If one prefers Color screen, should consider getting Blaze comparing to Charge 2 instead.
Q. Can cardio snapshot improve how I exercise?
A. Yes, by giving you readings of your levels as you exercise, you can adjust how you move for maximum benefits.
Although the Fitbit Charge 2 is only available for presale, we do have some user reviews. It has been tested by a myriad of professional athletes and everyday users, and the reviews are stellar.Athlete and mom Gabby Reece loves how the Charge 2 integrates all the different aspects of her life to give her an optimized fitness schedule she can follow.
She says: “Charge 2’s guided breathing sessions […] really resonates with me as one of the most important things I do to improve my health and manage stress.”
Other users are talking about the advantage of snap shot cardio, raving it how it takes exercise to a new level. As one tester explained:
“now I know when I’m working too hard, or not hard enough, resulting in new and improved goals and results.”
In other words, the Charge 2 is a game changer, optimizing exercise on all levels.
My Fitbit Charge 2 review illustrates just how useful this device can be to you. It rejuvenates and invigorates your mental state and physical abilities, so you don’t just exercise better, but smarter. Charge 2 is better than Alta in many area.
It takes how you think and feel about fitness and melds it into one incredible experience. Working on your heart, mind and body, it “fits” every user and lifestyle, leaving no limits and excuses to what you can do.