Whether for yourself or for a loved one, Fitbit fitness trackers make great gifts. And, with the upcoming holiday season, it’s the perfect time to buy one (or a few).
With a new lineup of smartwatches and a brand-new fitness tracker, Fitbit is sure to be a popular item this season. Plus, early holiday ad releases indicate that there will be some stellar prices on all our favorites.
We’re tracking the best deals and steals in the coming weeks, from Black Friday and Cyber Monday all the way to the final days of the holiday shopping season. Read on to see what’s coming up and keep checking back as we find more!
Table of Contents
- 1 Current & Expired Deals
- 2 Black Friday Sales & Predictions
- 3 Holiday Preview: Fitbit’s Lineup
- 4 The Fitbit Company: The Trusted Brand
- 5 Fitbit Fitness Trackers: Why They’re Great Gifts
Current & Expired Deals
Missed one of these? Keep an eye out for more sales as we approach the holidays! We’ll keep this page updated with deals as we find them.
The all-new Charge 3 is $20 off for Green Monday. Click here to see current price.
The Alta HR is $31 right now. Click here to shop.
The Versa was marked down to under $150 for Green Monday. Click here to see the current price.
The Fitbit Ionic is $120 off right now! Grab the GPS-enabled, water-resistant smartwatch. Click here to shop.
Black Friday Sales & Predictions
Keep checking back! We’ll update this page as we find the best deals.
With several in-store Black Friday ads already out, we have a good idea of what some of the best pricing will be on Fitbits. Here are the upcoming in-store deals that we’re expecting to see online as well:
- Fitbit’s latest, the Charge 3, is new enough that we didn’t expect to see it on sale. However, with a doorbuster Black Friday in-store price (at Kohl’s, Target, and elsewhere) of $30 off, we’re keeping our fingers crossed for a carryover to Amazon and other online stores.
- The now-discontinued Charge 2 has already been marked down to around $120, but we expect to see it available for under $100 during the holidays.
- The older Alta HR‘s regular price dropped earlier in the year to around $130 and we should see it on sale often for the next few weeks. Black Friday in-store prices are $50 off, dropping it to $80. This is a sale price we’ve seen on the Alta HR before, so it’s a good bet you’ll be able to catch it online too.
- The latest smartwatch from Fitbit is the Versa, which is a solid fitness tracker/smartwatch hybrid at an already affordable regular price. Several Black Friday ads have it listed at $50 off ($149!!), so watch for the same or similar online. Even if it doesn’t drop that much again for the rest of the season, there still should be solid sale prices online.
- Out a year now, the Ionic (Fitbit’s original smartwatch with GPS) isn’t the wild success some had predicted, but it’s still well-reviewed and will likely sell well this season. Expect to find it for up to $50 off on Black Friday and during holiday sales.
- The Fitbit Ace is a kid’s fitness tracker that starts out at $99. Black Friday sales have it marked down $40, so watch for additional online sales in the coming weeks.
Holiday Preview: Fitbit’s Lineup
Wondering about all the different devices? Here’s a look at the available Fitbits this holiday season.
Fitbit’s latest device has nearly everything fans have been after since the brand’s early days — including water resistance.
This new fitness tracker boasts the latest in technology, plus the design is lighter and sleeker than its predecessor. App notifications, 15 exercise modes, a 7-day battery life, and redesigned touchscreen complete the package. It’s also available as a Special Edition, with an upgraded band and Fitbit Pay capabilities.
The Versa is an attractive device that can best be described as ‘smartwatch lite.’ It’s priced well and has been well received by critics and customers alike.
The Versa is water resistant and contains nearly all the same technology as the more expensive Ionic. It does not have built-in GPS (it uses your smartphone’s), which is the key feature difference and the reason for the big price jump to the Ionic. They are also very different in design, with the Versa being smaller and featuring a more traditional smartwatch design. Overall it’s a great watch, especially given the price, and will likely continue to be popular with those seeking an alternative to more expensive smartwatches.
At the top of many a wish list this year is Fitbit’s first full smartwatch, the Ionic.
The Ionic boasts a full range of smartwatch features, like internal storage, an App Store, and contactless payments. It also includes step by step coaching, advanced fitness and sleep tracking, and built-in GPS. Priced to compete with the newest Apple Watch, the Ionic is a worthy contender and a perfect gift for the fitness obsessive in your life.
With its durable design and great pricing, the Charge 2 is a solid fitness tracker. Here’s a look at some of its features: * Exercise & Food Tracking: the Charge 2 tracks calories, distance, elevation and steps to help you maximize your workouts. It also provides sleep monitoring and has a mobile app to track food intake for a complete fitness experience. Great features for those new to exercise, dieters or anyone looking for a more well-balance lifestyle. [/list] With smart notifications built in and idle alerts the Charge 2 is a smart choice for beginners, parents and teens.
* Simple, stylish design: the slim, light band moves with the your wrist so it’s never in the way and feels comfortable throughout the day. The LCD display shows users how they are progressing versus their daily goals and keeps them on track. Great for those in a business and casual setting.
* Exercise tracking: it will monitor, record and analyze all your daily activities so you can see where you need to improve for a more well-rounded routine.
* Sleep monitoring: tracks your sleep cycle and will wake you quietly so you don’t disturb those around you. The Alta HR is our favorite sleep tracker. The Alta is a great value and a wise choice for young adults, the elderly or those who want to exercise without being overwhelmed.
Though now discontinued, Fitbit’s Blaze has everything a user can dream of in terms of technology and features, but with a price tag under $200 and a slightly bulky design it is best suited for professional athletes and trainers or those seriously committed to fitness. Among its best features are:
* GPS (with Phone) tracking: GPS tracking means users can run or jog anywhere and the route is tracked, so exercise routines are endless and constantly challenging. GPS also allows for more exact tracking in terms of distance traveled and calories burned, for more precise statistics.
* heart & sleep monitoring: Combining with continuous heart and sleep monitoring means users can tailor workouts specifically to the areas that need it most. So athletes looking to build stamina or increase muscle can do so easily thanks to in-depth monitoring on all levels. In addition, the Blaze has smart notifications and can even control the music on your phone for a 100% customization workout experience. With it’s easy to read Color OLED display the Blaze makes a great gift for sports enthusiasts and anyone else who loves to exercise.
Shop now for the Fitbit Blaze
The Surge has been discontinued by Fitbit, but if you can get your hands on one before they run out, you’ll get it at a deeply discounted price. The Surge might seem redundant in the world of smart fitness watches (and that’s likely why Fitbit did away with it), it still offers great functionality and will be fully supported by Fitbit. What this means for consumers (and gift givers!) is that you can get a high quality fitness tracker with some smart watch capabilities for a super reasonable price.
Check the current price of Fitbit Surge
The Fitbit Company: The Trusted Brand
When you buy a Fitbit you are buying more than just a device: you are buying quality, integrity, and a commitment to excellence. Fitbit is tops in fitness trackers and that is no accident: it is the result of years of hard work and dedication in an effort to help consumers live a healthier, more active lifestyle. Founded by James Park and Eric Friedman in 2007, Fitbit has made it their mission to create devices that help you exercise more, eat right and connect with others for guidance and support. Their line of trackers reflect all of those things and more, giving you cutting-edge technology, stylish designs and the latest features to make living healthy a no-brainer. There are 8 devices in all: the Ultra, Zip, One, Force, Flex, Charge, Charge HR & Blaze, with each one building on the previous model to offer more and make exercise a priority.
Fitbit Fitness Trackers: Why They’re Great Gifts
In addition to Fitbit’s trackers being the best in design, they also are the best in motivating people to be more active and healthier all-around. When you give one as a gift you are showing you care about that person, that you want them to look good and feel good for a long time. Fitbit’s trackers have numerous benefits, including:
• Increase Activity: wearing a tracker makes the user more aware of how much (or little) they do throughout the day, which encourages them to walk, run or just do more. There is also an idle alert to help remind them to get up and move around if they sit for too long (a nice bonus for people who sit at a desk all day).
• Healthier Eating Habits: these trackers have apps to help users keep track of what they eat and when, and also gives suggestions for healthier alternatives. Great for everyone, especially those who need to keep track because of diabetes or other health issues.
• Fitness Monitoring: Thanks to sleep monitoring and the ability to save and analyze stats users can get a better picture of their overall health and streamline their routines. Perfect for casual exercisers and professional athletes.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday is the perfect time to buy the perfect gift for your friends and family. Whether you are shopping for your spouse, friends, co-workers (or even yourself) these devices are versatile and can “fit” every lifestyle. Consumers love these devices because of their high quality design and how well they work- which is why your loved ones will love having one under their tree. So if you want to give the gift that keeps on giving and is the perfect “fit” every time then grab a Fitbit Holiday Deal and start wrapping.