When it comes to exercise equipment, knowing what you want, and knowing what to get to give you what you want, can be tricky. I know it is for me. For years, I struggled to get up and go to the gym, then spent years trying to find the perfect home machine so I wouldn’t have to.
The problem is, there are so many types of devices, it was impossible to figure out what I needed. Until, one magical day (yes, after years of searching this was, in fact, magical), I stepped onto a vibration platform. The only question I had, was which model was better- the Merax or the Confidence Vibration Platform?
If you’re wondering the same thing, my comparison guide of these 2 exceptional machines will help you answer that question.
Table of Contents
- 1 Compare Confidence vs Merax Vibration Platform
- 1.1 Confidence Fitness Slim Full Body Vibration Platform Fitness Machine: Your All-In-One Machine
- 1.2 Merax Full Body Slim Vibration Platform Fitness Machine: Ramping Up Weight Loss
- 1.3 The Confidence Versus the Merax: Similarities
- 1.4 The Merax Versus the Confidence: Differences
- 1.5 Vibration Machine Buying Considerations
What a Vibration Platform Can Do for You
Vibration machines are an excellent way to enhance your exercise routine, helping you burn calories and tone up in just minutes a day. I’ll admit, when I first saw these machines, I was skeptical. To me, they seemed more flash than substance, until I learned what they did and tried a machine myself. I realized that using one engages your whole body, making exercising more intense and giving you better results in less time.
No, it’s not a magic machine. Well, except for when I had my AHA! Moment. But seriously, these machines will not just miraculously melt fat away. But, they will help you to shed those pounds with a little bit of work.
The concept, or science behind them, is simple: designed to look like a mini treadmill, they have a square vibrating platform to stand on, which vibrates, or oscillates, at the speed you choose.
The vibration engages multiple muscle groups at once as you try to maintain your balance, and when you exercise, it makes your muscles work twice as hard. You can also do several exercises, like squats or lunges, building muscle and toning. And besides promoting weight loss, there are health benefits too, including an increase in bone density, improved circulation, less back pain, and improved agility.
Compare Confidence vs Merax Vibration Platform
Confidence Fitness Slim Full Body Vibration Platform Fitness Machine: Your All-In-One Machine
- Multiple Settings: The Confidence has 50-speed settings, so you can go as slow, or as fast as you need to, whenever you need to. The multiple settings impressed me because I could get precise speeds and do interval training. Beginners, or those with joint issues, can go slow, while serious fitness buffs can crank it up.
- Yoga Straps: The attached yoga straps let you perform a full upper body workout. You can either do just your arms, chest, and shoulders or do them in tandem with your lower body exercises for additional fat-burning.
- Built-In Programs: There are 3 programs built-in to the machine to get you started. If your new to vibration platforms, or need something different to do, this will help get you going.
- User-Friendly Display: The LCD screen is easy to navigate, with stats available as you exercise. What I like is that the buttons are easy to reach, so you can adjust speeds as you exercise. No pausing or stopping needed!
- Compact Design: The Confidence climber weighs just 70-pounds, making it slim and light, which is perfect for small apartments. There are even wheels to move it, so you can wheel it out to exercise in the living room, then roll it into a closet.
Merax Full Body Slim Vibration Platform Fitness Machine: Ramping Up Weight Loss
- 3-Way Motion: This model has oscillating, linear, and plinar motions, as opposed to just vibration. Which means engages multiple muscle groups at the same time, which is ideal for spot training and building a strong core.
Oscillation, unlike vibration, causes a back and forth motion as opposed to an up and down one. I like to compare it to being on a boat when the waves are choppy. Oscillation makes exercising more challenging, causing muscles to elongate and strengthen.
- Multiple Programs: This machine has 10 pre-set programs, so you can work on whatever problem areas you need to. Each program has a different benefit, whether it’s to help improve calorie burning or increase circulation.
- Yoga Straps: The added yoga straps help transform your routine and improve metabolism. You can switch hand positions to target different muscles in your upper body, making you leaner and stronger.
- Durability: Compact and stable, this model uses ABS materials, which are safe for the environment and can stand up to prolonged use. You can exercise at full throttle, and it won’t rock or tip.
- Technological Advances: The LCD screen operates with the push of a button, and the machine is compatible with most tablets and phones, so you can listen to music or watch a show as you exercise.
The Confidence Versus the Merax: Similarities
As you can see, both these machines have a lot to offer. So, to help you pick the right one for you, let’s examine their similarities and differences. We’ll start with how they’re alike. As you can see, both machines are compact and fit in any home space. There sizing, as you’ll see in the chart, is almost identical. Also, they both have yoga straps, pre-set programs, and are close in price. Which means, either machine can be used to work out at home efficiently. It is their differences, though small, that will set them apart and make choosing easier.
The Merax Versus the Confidence: Differences
With these 2 machines having so much in common, it is time to examine how they’re different and see how those differences affect you, to help you pick the right machine. Let’s look at how they stack up in each of the main categories.
- Design: Both machines are sturdy and compact, but the Confidence is slightly smaller and lighter. It also has wheels, making it easier to move around, giving it the advantage. If you don’t have a designated space and need to move it or live on an upper floor, the Confidence is the better option.
- Motion: The Merax has 3 different actions, to target multiple areas of your body simultaneously. The Confidence uses oscillation. Both get the job done, but the various motions of the Merax help aid weight loss and improve toning, making it more efficient than the Confidence.
- Programming: The Merax has 10 different programs, so you can customize how you work out and what parts of your body to target. For athletes, ladies looking to battle underarm jiggle, or guys fighting love handles, this is a big plus. The Confidence has 3 pre-set programs, giving a bit less regarding versatility.
- Speeds: The Merax has various speed settings, for control over how fast or slow it goes. The Confidence, however, has 50-speed settings, letting you manage the rate of the machine, for custom motion. For those who need to go slow, or want to do interval training, this machine can’t be beat, making it the better option.
Vibration Machine Buying Considerations
Before choosing either of these vibration machines, there are thigs to consider, such as space, budget, and goals. Here is what to consider:
- Space: Your device needs to fit in your place. Otherwise, you’ll never be able to use it properly. Opt for a style with wheel, like the Confidence, if you are limited in where you can put it.
- Budget: Be sure you get a model you can afford. Don’t pay more for things you don’t need, or will never use.
- Goals: Do you want to lose weight? Do you need to build upper body strength? What you want the machine for will help you decide which one to get. For instance, if you need to tone your arms, yoga straps are necessary. Get a machine that fits your needs.
So, do you have an answer to the question of which is better- the Merax or the Confidence Vibration Platform? I know I do. I think my guide shows that either of these machines is a good choice, it really depends on what you want it to do. For me, the Confidence was the best option, because it has more precise motions and allows for more customization than the Merax. But my sister went with the Merax, because of all the speed settings and smaller size. Bottom line: they’re both worth the money, and will help you reach your fitness goals.