Smart Watches are the next big thing. First it was the MP3 Player, then it was the Smartphone, then the tablet, and now it is the turn of the Smart Watch to take the world by storm. Apple have released their Apple Watch which is getting many people excited, but it is far from the only choice on the market. Most of the big technology companies have now released their own smartwatch, and LG is now exception, with its LG G Watch. But is it any good, and is it worth buying? Read this complete LG G Watch review to find out.
Table of Contents
What Are The Features Of The LG G Watch?
There are numerous features, and benefits of the LG G Watch that make it well worth considering.
– Runs On Android Gear: One of the big selling points of smart watches is the functionality that they have, especially when they are connected to your smartphone. If you (like most people), own a Android smartphone, then you will want to get a smart watch that runs on Android Gear. This is because it can then link with your phone. The smart watches don’t generally work independently, majority of them need to link with the phone. So you need to get one that runs the same operating system. This also allows you to operate many useful tasks from your wrist, things like sending texts, receiving and setting notifications, and much more.
– Get Answers To Spoken Questions: One of the big benefits of this watch, is that you can ask it questions, and the watch will answer. Things like “what is the weather going to be like”, or “when is the next train to [city]”. Just ask the watch, and you will get an answer.
– It Looks and Feels Great: One of the common criticisms of many smart watches is that they are big, bulky, and don’t look good. This is not the problem with this watch. It is small, and light. It also looks great, and stylish on the wrist. You are getting both functionality, and style with this watch. Rather than having to choose between the two.
– Water Resistant & Dust Resistant: A watch is something that you aren’t going to be able to put away in rough conditions. It needs to stay on at all times. So it needs to be resilient to weather and other conditions. This makes the LG ideal, even rain storms or dust storms, it will work perfectly.
What Are The Pros Of Buying The LG G Watch?
– Customer Reviews Are Excellent: The biggest test of any product is what the customer reviews are like. A company can say what they like about their product. But if customers don’t like it, then the reviews will speak for themselves. In this case, most reviews are extremely positive. Which tells you that this is a great product.
– Get All The Information You Need Quickly: While your phone does everything the watch does, with the watch, you are getting the information much quicker. Simply glance at your watch to see texts, notifications, surf the net, and much more.
Are There Any Downsides To Buying The Smart Watch?
It’s fairly expensive as an accessory. In many ways, the smart watch is just an accessory for a smart phone. A useful accessory no doubt, but still just an accessory. Every task that the watch can do, a phone can do. While they are certainly useful, if money is tight, you might want to wait for a while before purchasing.
Why Buy A Smart Watch?You might be thinking that the smart watch might be a fairly pointless piece of technology, after all, everything it does can be done on a smart phone, so why buy it? Right? In fact, it makes a lot of sense to buy a smart watch.
The main bonus is that you can get instant access to the information you need. Without having to rummage around in your pockets. We’ve all experienced the moment where we need some info, but can’t really get to our phones easily. With a smart watch, all you need to is glance at your wrist and you have access to the time, your text messages, the internet, your notifications, and much more. All in one easy to access to place.
How Does It Compare To The Samsung Gear Watch?
You might decide that you want a smart watch, but you aren’t certain of exactly which one to get. One of the biggest rivals to the LG G Smart Watch is the Samsung Gear. But how does it compare. In many ways it is similar, with it being similarly priced, and also powered by Android Wear. The main difference is in the looks, and the phone compatibility.
If you have a Samsung phone, then the Samsung Gear is specifically designed to work with that phone, so it is probably worth getting the Samsung Gear in this scenario. The downside of the Galaxy Gear is that it is a lot less attractive than the LG G. So if style is most important, then the LG is the right choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How Long Does The Battery Last?
The battery is big enough that it should last the full today with standard use.
Q: Do I Need An LG Phone To Operate The Watch?
No! Any Android phone will do, and you will be able to use all the features of the watch. Obviously, an iPhone won’t work, but any Android phone will.
Q: How Big Is The LG G Watch?
No LG G Watch review would be complete without the dimensions of the watch. The watch is 1.8 x 1.5 x 0.4 inches, and it weights 2.2 ounces.
Is The LG G Watch Worth Buying?
We’ve looked at the pros and cons, but now this LG G Watch review has to come to a conclusion as to whether or not the watch is worth buying. We think that it is. It isn’t too expensive, it makes life a lot easier in terms of getting notifications, reading texts, and getting quick information off the internet. It also looks great. All of these things combined make it a recommended purchase.