Fitbit is a leader and innovator in the world of wearable technology, which is why their products are always in such high demand. Unfortunately, this also means that they are always at the center of the latest rumors. Their commitment to perfection and excellence not only sets them apart from the competition, it also keeps them in the spotlight and makes them the talk of the town.
Right now they are making major headlines thanks to three of their biggest sellers: the Blaze, Charge 2, and Alta, as well as with some of their new partnerships. From the “too crazy to be true” whispers to the “crazy but true” ones we have all the latest Fitbit rumors to share with you, so you know what’s new and what’s true in the world of Fitbit.
Latest New Fitbit Products 2017
Table of Contents
- 1 Latest New Fitbit Products 2017
- 2 Upcoming Fitbit New Models 2017
- 3 The Fitbit Rumors Blaze and Alta 2016 Paving The Way For Fitness Trackers
- 4 Fitbit 2017 Wishlist
See the latest Fitbit Deals 2017 Here:
We will update all upcoming Fitbit models in 2017, also share any rumors circulating around the web.
We expect that more Water-Proof models announced to match up the Fitness Tracker Competitions. I expect there maybe Blaze 2 and Alta 2 launched. (Or they may release other new Fitbit Brand Names.)
Given Fitbit acquired Pebble and Vector. More App Rich Smartwatch is upcoming to compete with Apple Watch and Android Wear.
Fitbit 2017 Latest News and Announcement
2/1/17: Fitbit recently acquired 2 of the newest, and by far, most innovative wearable companies: Pebble and Vector. Both of these companies showed a lot of promise, but a lack of funding caused them to sell to Fitbit, who is need of a makeover after not so flattering accusations and a lawsuit.
Fitbit Surge 2 or Blaze 2?
Rumor is, Fitbit will use the software and personnel obtained from the acquisition to create a new, luxury smartwatch. The rumored watch will be waterproof, have built-in GPS and a new screen design. It also may have an apps ecosystem.
Guess if the long-awaited one will be named as Fitbit Surge 2, Blaze 2, or a totally new Fitbit name?
1/5/2017: More Fitbit News in CES 2017: to start, there is a new and improved Fitstar Personal Trainer app, which takes customization to a whole new level. With the new app, there is an extended exercise library, new trainers, and most importantly, improved, and personalized guidance.
Unlike the old version, with this new app, your data, including age, gender and daily movements, are used to send recommendations for exercise frequency and types directly to your phone.In addition, there are some great updates coming for the Fitbit Blaze. Now, users will have access to 2 new features: Cardio Fitness Level and Relax guided breathing sessions. With Cardio fitness, your device will take your user profile, heart rate and exercise data to compute your VO2 Max, then compare it to others in your age group to determine your fitness level.
With Relax guided breathing sessions, your device can teach you how to control your breathing and sync it with your heart beat. Through 2 and 5-minute sessions, as well as video and vibration cues, you can learn to breathe better, helping you to relax, control stress and improve health. I look forward to update mine.
Finally, the Fitbit Community is also being enhanced, with FEED, a social feature that allows to engage more with others, sharing inspirational stories, badges and more. There are also new GROUPS, which finds groups that fit your interests, and access to Fitbit health experts. You can even find workouts in your area, making exercise easier than ever.
1/4/17: Press Day of CES 2017 had some exciting news for Fitbit users. It seems the company has been developing new innovations to promote health and wellness in ways users have never seen. The announcement of new Works with Fitbit® partnerships, as well as a partnership with Qualcomm Life’s 2net Platform to provide custom features for the Charge 2, are guaranteed to revolutionize the tracking industry and give users an experience they can’t find anywhere else.
The new Works with Fitbit® partnerships has Fibit teaming up with Habit, Peloton, and VirZoom so Fitbit users can get customized nutrition plans, and sync VR bike rides and games, to elevate and expand exercise options.
In doing so, users have unlimited access to the tools necessary to reach, and surpass, fitness and health goals. Unlike current apps, this partnership allows for full data integration, so information is 100% customized for the user.As for the Fitbit Charge 2 becoming a part of the UnitedHealthcare Motion™ wellness program, this is a first on many levels. This program gives employers the ability to help employees set and reach health goals, as well as provide them with monetary compensation for their efforts. Together, these 2 announcements have set the tone for what just may be the best CES show to date.
Sign up for the latest Fitbit announcements here, and you’ll get them when we do:
Fitbit Latest Models 2016 News
All Latest Fitbit 2016-2017 are compared Here:
- Display Size
- Steps, calories, distance
- Sleep quality & silent alarm
- Floors climbed
- Caller ID
- SMS / Text Message
- Continuous Heart Rate
- Music Control & Notifications
- GPS Tracking
- Multiple Sports
- ✔ (with phone)
- 5 Days
- Water Resistance Only
- ✔ (with phone)
- 5 Days
- Water Resistance Only
- 4 Days
- Water Resistance Only
- 5 Days
8/29/16: Fitbit Charge 2 and Flex 2 are not rumors anymore. Fitbit just announced them today.
The latest Fitbit Charge 2 is a real beauty, with a larger screen for easier stat views, interchangeable bands and some smartwatch features. What’s really great though, is that it will have PurePulse heart technology, something the original Charge doesn’t, and is equipped for multi-sport tracking. It’s the perfect replacement for Fitbit Charge HR in 2016.
Order this beautiful Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate Fitness Wristband Here.
Click Here to Download:
The Fitbit Flex 2, while simpler in design, has one major selling feature: it is swim proof! This will be Fitbit’s first device you can actually swim with, which is sure to make it an instant hit and give other similar devices a run for their money.The Flex 2, like the original, tracks all day activities and uses LED lights to indicate when you hit a goal or other daily stats. Slim and stylish, the water-proof addition takes it to another level.
Personally, I think just Water-proof is THE killing feature. I wish Charge 2 had it with Heart Rate Monitor too. Thoughts?
Until then, I still enjoy doing exercises with my Blaze these days.
3/1/2016: CES 2016 announces the Fitbit Blaze. It’s already shipping and happy customers gave it 4.5+ stars.
Check out our Detailed Blaze Review Here.
Fitbit Outdated Rumors – They become Reality
Aug 2016: While no release date has been set, there are pictures and specs of both- and they are quite impressive. You can check out some pics, courtesy of TechnoBuffalo.
April 2016: There are rumors that the upcoming Fitbits are called Flex 2 and Charge 2. I’m not surprised that upgraded versions are being worked on. (This is not official until Fitbit announces them and they are on sale. )
2/3/2016: Surprisingly, Fitbit Alta, with the Fashion-Forward Fitness Wristband, was announced softly. I’d call it a fashion Charge model replacement.
Read our Alta in-depth review here.
The band is replaceable and you can have soft satin finish, or stainless steel one. They look as great as Jawbone UP in my opinion.
Fitness Trackers are no longer boring; they can be cool, stylish, and fashionable all day long.
Although it doesn’t have a Heart-rate monitor, it has a beautiful OLED screen and delivers sms, call, and calendar notifications connected to your smart-phone. You can Order Here today!
It’s sleek and has basic features that we all need. It gonna be the HOT and most-wished gift for 2016!
Click to Download the Fact Sheet Here.
Fitbit (FIT) Stock News
11/02: Why Fitbit $FIT Stock Just Plummeted 30% in 10 Minutes.
“In the future, Fitbit needs to get smarter about new product introductions, Park said. ”
Fitbit Announced News 2016
5/18/16: Fitbit announced Acquiring Coin, a startup specialized in financial technology and electronics. While, “there are no plans to integrate Coin’s wearable payments technology into the 2016 Fitbit product roadmap”, I believe it’s possible with future 2017 Fitbits.
It would be very cool to be able to pay for purchases with a Fitbit like you can with other Smart Watches or phones. Is that a selling feature for you?
Upcoming Fitbit New Models 2017
It has been on many fans’ dream lists. Some are fulfilled on the latest models:
- People love the Color Screen and more Apps. Would you purchase a Fitbit Watch like Apple’s? (We got this in Blaze!)
- More Fashion. Could it look cooler and prettier like a piece of jewelry? (Charge 2 and Alta fit the bill)
- #1 Request of our fans: Water-proof. Yes, we need one for swimming and water sports! (We got Flex 2 in 2016 Finally!)
- Our Fans want to see Water-proof in Fitbit Alta 2, Blaze 2, or Charge 3 and more models.
- More Fitness Apps on my Smartwatch. I look forward what they can come up with.
- More Health Sensors. Maybe Blood Pressure Monitoring?
- Better Battery: 1-2 weeks at least would be amazing.
Thoughts? Questions? Leave your comments at the bottom.
The Fitbit Rumors Blaze and Alta 2016 Paving The Way For Fitness Trackers
Both are top sellers on Amazon, which offers some great deals and discounts that make them not just desirable, but quite affordable too. Here’s why these two devices stand out and compare and are considered must have’s:
Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch (Best Seller 2016)
This new star was announced in CES 2016. It was the high-light in the show:
• PurePulse Heart Rate: It tracks your heart-rate if you are exercising hard enough. It’s a critical feature for those into fitness.
• Enhanced Idle Alert: Fitbit added an enhanced idle alert to the Blaze, which is a big improvement on the old system. With the improved alert The Blaze quietly alerts you every hour until you move- and will keep buzzing until you walk at least 250 steps.
This is the ultimate motivator and is great way to encourage you and help you get moving .
• Smart Notifications Upgrade: Now, you can silence smart notifications, so you can work out without interruption when you want to and be notified of incoming calls or texts when you don’t.
Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker (Fashion and Fitness All-in-One 2016)
• Move Alert: You’ll never get lazy wearing the Alta because it will remind you to get up and move if you’re sitting too long. I find this to be an important feature, especially if you sit at a desk most of the day or are just starting to exercise because it gets you in a rhythm and makes fitness a part of your daily routine.
• Smart Alerts: Get call, text and calendar notifications right on your device, so you don’t need to pull out your phone to know who’s trying to reach you while you’re working up a sweat.
• Long Battery Life: The Alta can go up to 5 days on a single charge, so you can wear it round the clock without having to constantly take it off and charge it.
Earlier this year at CES 2015 the Fitbit Charge and Fitbit Surge were the center of attention. Thanks to high-quality materials and state-of-the-art technology these two wearables were considered the best of the show.
Fitbit Charge HR (Our Seller 2015)
The Charge HR is one of Amazon’s hottest seller for several reasons:• Heart rate monitoring for 24/7 tracking of your activities. The Heart rate monitor allows for accurate statistics and helps you streamline your activities.
• Innovative, comfortable design that makes it easy to wear. The band is light and has a watch-style closure so it is secure at all times. The face shows time and stats too, so you just have to look down to see how you’re doing. Plus, there are several stylish colors, so it’s not just functional, but stylish too.
• A quality app that let you see all your statistics on one page. The app is simple to use and shows all your important information, like heart rate, calories, sleep and more. It also lets you log your food choices for the day and scan foods to find out things such as calories.
• See how Charge 2 is awesome upgrade comparing to Charge HR here.
Fitbit Surge (Best GPS Watch 2015)
The Surge is one of the must have devices of the year thanks to the latest technological advances that make it closer to a smartwatch than a fitness tracker. Amazon users gave it five stars for several reasons:
• GPS and heart rate capabilities that let you get the most realistic depiction of steps taken and quality of sleep. this means you get a clearer picture of your overall health and how good your exercise routine is working. It also means you can map out areas to run or hike and it can display a map of where you ran as well.
• Touchscreen lets you scroll through stats easily and quickly. Like a smartphone the touchscreen lets you swipe past information, so you can see all your stats when you want or need to.
• The device can detect when you’re asleep without telling it and can give accurate food calorie counts thanks to an advanced app.
Not True (unfortunately)
The Fitbit Tap: There was a picture floating around on Instagram of this “soon to be released” device that unfortunately is not true at this time. While this picture turned out to be a joke for April Fools, the design was sleek, polished and looked kinda cool, so who knows, maybe it will go from false to true in the near future.
A photo posted by fitbit (@fitbit) on
Fitbit & Strava: The Perfect Marriage
Among the latest rumors that have proven true is the announcement that Fitbit & Strava have partnered up to give users true crossover capabilities that will enhance their overall experience. Users can now link their Fitbit and Strava accounts, so they can see all their stats and maximize their workout potential. Having Strava & Fitbit in sync means there are also more tools at your fingertips to analyze your statistics too.
This partnership will also let users have more integration with Facebook. This means you can compare information with friends, compete to keep motivated and gauge your progress. It gives you global access to experts and others who are trying to live healthy, so you can pick up tips, ideas and recipes you otherwise wouldn’t have access to, so you can use your device to it’s true potential.
Check out Fitbit Special Deals at Best Buy on Nov 26-28th Black Friday 2015:
Fitbit 2017 Wishlist
Fitbit users are always raving about their devices and how easy they make it for you to live healthy, but there is only room for improvement. Among the things users have on their wish-list for Fitbit in 2015 is:
• The ability to customize the device’s reset time on certain models.
• The ability to set your goals through the app according to the day of the week. Due to work schedule some days have more or less hours to dedicate so being able to customize each day accordingly would be a big plus.
• For me, maybe different stylist gadget all sync up, so I can wear different color ones for different need on daily basis.
• It’s smart knows where I am, and give me smart advice such as I’m at work. Ask me to walk & fill up my water bottle more.
Jan 2016: Fitbit News
Right now the latest update in regards to the lawsuit, which claims the heart monitor is not accurate, is that it is going forward. How successful the lawsuit will be remains to be seen, as there are several factors to be considered, including whether or not the consumers in question properly wore and used the devices.
With many experts coming forward to attest to the monitor’s accuracy, there is growing doubt in regards to these claims and a good chance nothing will come of it. Time will tell. Check out the Public Filing Here.
The Latest Fitbit Rumors 2015
With all the rumors that are circulating it can be hard to know what is real and what is just wishful thinking, so we sorted it all out for you. Here’s what’s true and what’s not:
True: HTC Chief Designer is on Board
HTC chief designer Jonah Becker has joined the Fitbit team: Besides the partnership between Strava & Fitbit the other big news is that Becker will be the new vice president of industrial design (http://www.itproportal.com/2015/04/08/fitbit-hires-ex-htc-design-chief-jonah-becker/). What does this mean for Fitbit and it’s users? It means that there is the potential for daring new design and product capabilities.
Fitbit created this position just for Becker, who is known for his eye-catching and stylish design work, so you know the company is looking to grow and expand with him. Users should expect to see some new devices that are truly dazzling and maybe even some fashion upgrades to existing models.
Fitbit is Already IPO
Fitbit Inc. is already public: Yes, Fitbit stock is going strong; check out the latest FIT stock news here.
the company will be making stock in the company available to the public in the near future. The rumor has been confirmed, though there is no word on how much stock will cost. Still, the idea of owning a piece of this lucrative company sounds quite appealing and we will be watching closely to see how it goes.
As you can see there is a lot happening in the world of Fitbit, which is why the Fitbit rumor mill is always circulating. From the hiring to Becker to the integration with Strava there is a lot to be excited about. While not everything you hear is true, there are enough exciting new developments that are sure to take the company and it’s users to the next level.
What’s your Fitbit Wish-list? Leave us feedbacks in the Below Comment Sessions.