The Fitbit line of fitness trackers is tops when it comes to quality, style and function. Whether you’re looking for a no-frills device or one that is fitted with the latest technological advances, they have a tracker that’s just right for you. Two of their biggest sellers, the Fitbit One and the Fitbit Flex, are currently causing a lot of buzz and are in high demand thanks to their great features, easy usage and affordable pricing. To help you choose between the two, we’ve created this in-depth review of the Fitbit One vs Fitbit Flex. We will compare and break down what each one has to offer and how they compare so you can make the right choice.
The Fitbit Family of Trackers
Table of Contents
- 1 The Fitbit Family of Trackers
- 2 The Fitbit One
- 3 Fitbit Flex Wristband
- 4 The Fitbit One vs Fitbit Flex: Two Sides of the Same Coin
- 5 The One and Flex Differences: Specifications and Head-to-Head Competition
- 6 Pros & Cons
- 7 Customer Reviews
- 8 Models
- 9 Fitbit Flex
- 10 Fitbit One
- 11 Comparing Fitbit One versus Flex: Which is the One For You?
Fitbit is a San Francisco based company that has been making fitness trackers since 2011. They have several models, including the One, Zip, Flex, Force, Charge and Surge. The company prides itself on delivering the best in the world of fitness trackers, using an accelerometer to track your movements so you know everything from calories burned to steps taken. The company is committed to helping you get healthy by giving you these devices, which will motivate and keep you focused. That’s why they are the number one brand when it comes to wireless activity trackers.
The Fitbit One is an activity tracker and sleep monitor designed to help you be healthy in every aspect of your life. It can clip on to any part of your body, so you won’t even notice it and has a display to show the time and your stats. It’s main features are:
• Tracks your steps, distance, calories burned and stairs climbed each day.
• Monitors your sleep cycle and analyzes quality of sleep.
• Syncs to Bluetooth devices so you can see your progress, set goals and earn badges when you reach your goals.
• Charges in an hour and can last for 2 weeks on a single charge.
• Silent alarm to wake you without disturbing anyone else.
• OLED Display that Flex misses.
The Fitbit Flex is a wearable activity tracker that goes on your wrist to continuously monitor your movements. It provides you with 24/7 monitoring, so you get the most accurate statistics and is both comfortable and durable when you wear it. It’s main features are:
• 24/7 monitoring of steps taken, distance traveled, calories & active minutes, as well as sleep duration and quality for a clear picture of your overall fitness.
• Water resistant, so you can shower or run in the rain without worrying about having to take it off.
• Syncs to devices using Bluetooth and has free Fitbit Apps for Apple or Android.
• Silent Alarm to wake you and only you.
• Slim, comfortable design that uses LED lights to alert you on how you are progressing throughout the day.
A photo posted by fitbit (@fitbit) on
The Fitbit One vs Fitbit Flex: Two Sides of the Same Coin
When comparing the Fitbit Flex or One there are some similarities between the two models. Among the features they share are:
• Silent Alarm- both can wake you easily and without disrupting the whole house.
• Bluetooth Syncing- both use Bluetooth to sync to devices and track progress on your cell phone, tablet or computer.
• Sleep Monitoring- each monitors your sleep so you can tell if you are active enough and getting enough rest.
• Track Statistic- both track calories, distance and steps for accurate statistics.
The One and Flex Differences: Specifications and Head-to-Head Competition
While the One and the Flex have a lot in common, they also differ in several ways. Let’s look at each and see how they stack up in a side-by-side comparison of design specifications:
Fitbit One is small and compact and clips on to your clothing, sneaker, belt or bra to track movements, making it virtually invisible. Good for those getting in exercise during a busy day, like a lawyer or teacher. It is made of hard, durable plastic and has a clock style display.
The Flex is worn like a bracelet around the clock for constant tracking. It is made from a flexible polymer that is comfy and fits snugly without irritation. It also comes in several colors and uses an LED light display to show progress.
While each is convenient to use, the One has a slight disadvantage because you have to remember to clip it on, while you can just put the Flex on and forget about it.
The One has a clock style display that shows the time and your stats while the Flex uses a set of 5 LED lights to tell you your progress. The One is small, about 5 inches long, while the Flex is light and around 7″ long and is fitted to your wrist.
The One has the advantage here since you can see your actual numbers without looking at your phone or PC, making it more convenient. Good for mom’s with limited time or professionals.
The One has a rechargeable battery that takes about an hour to fully charge. It has a base to clip it into and once it’s charged it can go for almost two weeks. The Flex has a Lithium battery that charges in about two hours and the charge lasts for five days.
The One gets the advantage here because the battery life is longer, making it a little more convenient.
The Flex is water resistant and can be used in the shower or if you get caught in the rain. The One is not water-proof, giving the Flex an advantage because you can wear your device all the time with this model.
The One costs around $95 and the Flex come sin at around $79. Since each offers something different they are both a good value.
Pros & Cons
There are a lot of great pros and cons for each device, which we will look at now.
The One shows stats and tells steps climbed, for a more accurate depiction of your activity, but has a clip on style, which can be a hassle for people with limited time and are prone to forgetting things before running out.
The Flex can be worn and is water resistant, so you don’t have to think about taking it with you or removing it because of rain or a shower. However, it doesn’t tell you steps climbed, so there is no difference when calculating calories.
Customers can’t stop raving about these devices, thanks to ingenious pricing and tons of great features. One users say it is “excellent” and that they “couldn’t be happier” with the product.
Flex users love that it “motivates you” and think it is a “great value for a great price”.
Users are both commend Fitbit for producing such excellent devices and would recommend them to friends.
- Steps, calories, distance
- Floors climbed
- Sleep quality & silent alarm
- Active minutes
Comparing Fitbit One versus Flex: Which is the One For You?
Choosing between the One or Flex is a matter of preference and lifestyle. Each gives you what you need to become more active and live healthier, it’s juts a matter of which suits your needs better. The Flex is convenient and a good choice for active people who want to wear their device without thinking about it while the One is a but more discreet and better suited for those who do a lot of climbing. Whichever one you do choose, you know you are getting the very best, which is what you need to make you the very best you can be.