Another great feature of elliptical machines is that they provide the best core workouts you can find, aside from an ab focused workout. They work your arms, while you exercise your lower body to get the best burn.
Table of Contents
- 1 Choosing the Best Elliptical Machine
- 2 Best Elliptical Under $100
- 3 Best Elliptical Under $200
- 4 Best Elliptical Under $400
- 5 Best Elliptical Under $1000
- 6 Best Premium Elliptical
- 7 Treadmill vs Elliptical Workouts
Choosing the Best Elliptical Machine
Finding the right elliptical machine for you comes down to key concerns such as budget, available space, and desired results. Usability is another top concern, and customization or resistance variety are other things to keep in mind.
The best machines out there let you increase and lower your incline – which is of fundamental importance to an increased load workout, which requires higher intensities. All in all, there are plenty of considerations when it comes to ellipticals, even when its simple foot petals or framework.
Some Important Features To Consider
- Adjustable Stride so that you can adjust the stride length
- Heart Rate Hand Grips so that you can constantly monitor the effectiveness of your workout and burn fat and calories based on beats per minute standards
- Incline so that you can increase the intensity of your workout
- Pivoting Pedals; two different kinds are typically available – foot plates or pivoting pedals
- Powered Incline to change the incline at the push of a tiny button
- Resistance adjustment so that you make the stride harder or easier
- Transport wheels for ease of transport
- Solid construction to ensure quality
- Brand you can trust with a long electronic, labor, lifetime frame and parts warranty
- Display that shows calories burned, distance, workout time, etc.
With all of this information, you’re sure to make a more informed decision when purchasing one of the top elliptical training machines of 2017 to find the elliptical trainer that’s perfect for you.
To get you started, we have reviewed some of the most popular models on the market. Here are our picks for elliptical machines at every price point.
Best Elliptical Under $100The Stamina 55-1610 InMotion E1000 is a small, portable machine that you can use anywhere. It’s great for the office or for small apartments where you want to get the type of lower body workout an elliptical provides without springing for a full machine.
It’s very affordable, and it even includes an electronic monitor to keep track of your workout. It can be used sitting or standing, and the adjustable tension gives you control over the intensity. For a budget machine that can be used anywhere, the InMotion is a fantastic option.
Best Elliptical Under $200>Exerpeutic Aero Air Ellipticals
If you want a compact elliptical that gives you the upper-arm workout in addition to working your legs and core, the Exerpeutic Aero Air is a good option at a nice price. It has large pedals and an easy dial tension adjustment. The LCD display indicates exactly how far you’ve gone and how many calories you’ve burned.
This is a small elliptical and only has a weight capacity of 200 pounds, so keep that in mind if you are looking for a multi-purpose or multi-user elliptical. It’s also worth noting that lower priced machines are going to be louder – that is this case with the Exerpeutic Aero Air. However, it’s a good elliptical that will give you a great workout for an affordable price.
The Gazelle Edge is completely electric free, so it cuts down on your carbon footprint while keeping you in shape. It is high performance, to match speed with you, and it has the most unsurpassed motion capability of any of these elliptical trainers, because it can go as fast as you. The gliding and range of motion make it a seamless workout without any abrupt stops.No matter 1000+ customers love it! The easy to use 5-function workout computer keeps track of all your speed, distance, and time details while the extra-wide, non-skid platforms keep you safe. It’s affordably priced and is good for anyone at any fitness level.
The Body Rider is a two in one machine, so you get two exercise equipment pieces for one low price, and it produces a breeze while you exercise to keep you cool. It’s great for beginners or for anyone who needs the option to sit down during a workout.
It adjusts easily with just the simple turn of a knob, and offers some of the best minimization on the joints you can imagine. It helps by tracking your time, speed, distance, and calories in a vertically seated position that adjusts to any different body type. For the price, it is an incredibly sturdy and well-made machine.